Saturday, April 27, 2013

Every New Beginning

.....comes from some other beginning's end {because you know you were thinking it!}.

Anyway.

I have decided to quit my day job (at least for the summer) and pursue my dream of becoming a professional writer. I majored in English in college and have been teaching it to secondary students for nine years. I am knowledgeable of and passionate about the subject - and about my target audience. Becoming a published author has been on my to-do list since I was a child myself, but the time has never seemed right.

Until now.

I have worked through the summer for the past seven years. I am super excited about having this summer to spend with my baby boys and my manuscript.

My goal is to finish my first novel and have it query-ready by September. I want to have something to offer when I attend the Chicago Writers Conference in late September.

This is really it. Everything is in place. Now I just have to bring my story (and lifelong dream) to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment